Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Surround Yourself With Beauty

I have a theory! Well, anyone who knows me will tell you I always have a theory about something or other. Anyway, the theory is this: If the world was surrounded by beauty (earthly and spiritual) we would act better, be calmer, even, treat each other with more kindness. Kind of like music having charms to soothe the savage beast.

A painting by Kathryn Winter, my mother-in-law.

What if every child walked into a clean, kept yard, then proceeded into a tidy house filled with objects of beauty. Now being a Christian I can't leave out the Holy Spirit, for He is a spirit of beauty and peace. If we fill our homes with God's spirit, and have objects of beauty that's got to have some effect right?

Waiting for my alyssum to grow in around my rocks
 

If I was in a beauty contest (yeah,right!) and they asked me the age old question, "If God granted you one wish what would it be?". I would answer, "A beautiful home for every child, filled with love and laughter, and the spirit of God.

My dianthus are starting to grow around the rocks

You notice I didn't say what size, or mention expensive at all because that is just not important.

I hope you all have sanctuaries. Here's the definition of a sanctuary:
sanc.tu.ar.y
noun
1. a place of refuge or safety.
sentence: "people automatically sought a sanctuary in time of trouble"
 
My geese from England on an Irish Chain quilt I made
 
I hope you all had glorious Easter celebrations. Isn't it wonderful to know our Saviour is risen, and is with us, not in some old musty tomb!
 
What if we all prepare our homes like Jesus is preparing a place for us? A thing of beauty I think!
 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I  am, there ye may be also. John 14:3
 
Have a wonderful week, and say a little prayer for our country, I think she needs it about now.
 
Blessings, Theresa
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be awesome if that wish could come true...and what a beautiful thing to wish for! Such a lovely post...:) Hope you're having a great week!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are absolutely spot on, beauty makes our lives calm and brings joy and peace. The Holy Spirit is the most beautiful of all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, we always enjoy visitors at Finding Grace.......